Domonic Dean Breaux
Domonic Dean Breaux
Website: https://www.DomonicBreaux.com http://www.dustuseco.com
Domonic Dean Breaux is an established Los Angeles artist with over 30 years of experience in the creative field of visual arts and design. Domonic is well known for his ability to utilize and combine a wide array of styles and mediums while achieving high quality, tonality, detailed application with an unusual artistic flair that's all his own.
A true artist, craftsman and renaissance man, Breaux successfully moves from one form of artistic expression to another.
As a veracious working artist, Domonic considers the universe his university. When interviewing for enrollment at Art Center Pasadena in 1993 the dean suggested he not spend the time and tuition on something he had already succeeded in. This, in after viewing Domonic’s portfolio.
Dom’s sense of humor and style makes him super fun to work with and has inspired and executed many collaborations and commissions both corporate and private.
Like music, his work is lyrical, full of movement and story telling. When you hear his music you begin to notice the parallels of both worlds and how one complements, influences and reflects the other.
As an accomplished woodwindist, singer and composer, Domonic has performed for audiences around the world as well as involved and featured in the west coast artist communities, film industry and interior/ exterior design sector.
1977 - 1980 Pierce Collage - fine art music and sculpture
1980 - 1984 California Institute of the Arts - Although never officially enrolled Domonic studied graphic art, slick screening and painting.
1985 - 1988 Brandes Art Institute - drawing
1976 - Present Holiday Window Art - The lost art of painting cleaver holiday graphics and greetings on merchants store windows.
"Affair in the Garden" Beverly Hills- fine art paintings 1993, 1994, and a first place award in 1995.
Sant Johns Hospital, Santa Monica - 12 x 200 ft. exterior floral mural.
Pacific Ocean Post - exterior and interior murals and faux finishes.
Film and Theater
1990 - 2015 Carlos Barbosa Production Design - film and T.V. scene art, set design, decorating, fine art painting, illustration and storyboards for Sony Pictures, Warner Bros., Paramount and Fox. Productions: Ultraviolet, 24, CSI Miami, Lost, Magic City, Aquarius and more...
1994 - 2012 Theater Set Design and Scenic Art Painting - Yula school of performing arts.
Corporate Logos and Branding
• Urth Cafe official logo, Blue Iguana and Emerald Iguana Inns, Ojai California, Falsetto Teeth Music, Beauty and Wisdom, Santa Monica California, City Yoga, Los Angeles
• 1999 LA 411 (Los Angeles Entertainment Source Book) - Full color illustrations for cover and various throughout.
• 2012 Dusty Seco, Desert Drifter - Graphic novel written and illustrated by Domonic Dean Breaux, First Edition (222 pages) www.dustyseco.com
• 1987 Flow Ace Gallery
• 1993 - 2000 L.A. Bureau of Arts and Culture
• 1994 - Sumitomo Banking Corporation
• 1997 - 2010 Ojai Design Center
• 2011- 2013 Deva Motion Graphics Studio, Santa Monica California - illustration, storyboards and design
• 2013 Schindler House (1957) - Last project for Rudolph Schindler, Los Feliz California
• Tom Jones, Mark McGrath, Terence Trent D'Arby, Pamela DeBarres,
• David Kershenbaum, (M)Arch (Architecture and Design), WhitmanArchitecture Ojai
More information available upon request.